Manager, Digital Content Project Management for Apple Retail Online
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The Manager, Digital Content Project Management is directly responsible for delivery of high-quality New Product Introductions, Marketing Campaigns and Programs, and new engineering driven content and product data on the Apple Online Stores, Apple Store App, and WeChat platforms. The role involves leading worldwide planning and calendaring for the DCM (Digital Content Management) organization. Also important is brokering collaborations, owning quality of deliverables by providing structured guidance and ensuring standard methodologies/processes are in place. The role also involves coordinating resourcing and execution across multiple projects, and reporting and visibility of DCM organization capacity. Our ideal candidate is passionate about people, and excited about developing, coaching and mentoring others. They understand the critical role a digital shopping experience plays in a global consumer market. They are proficient in handling workflows and processes for best in class project management, in a large-scale e-commerce or digital environment. They have extensive experience working on digital content at an international scale: from day-to-day workflow management, to re-engineering and systemizing processes. They are technically curious, self-directed, and operationally minded. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Planning for the Retail Digital Content Management (DCM) organization.
- 10+ years of working in Digital Content Management.
- 3+ years leading a team of individual contributors.
- Detailed knowledge of managing large-scale, international digital projects.
- Strong technical background in IT systems analysis, business and functional requirement documentation, and process development.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and scripting languages.
- Must thrive in the face of ambiguity, constant change, and tight turnarounds.
- Must have flexibility to deal with constantly-evolving, time-constrained launch schedules.
- Must exhibit high degree of ownership and accountability.
- Lead a team of highly skilled Digital Content Project Managers. - Support the launch and maintenance of Apple's product line information on the online stores, by coordinating the handoff and execution of digital content, through various partner and internal teams. - Coordinate with worldwide Retail DCM, Marcom, Retail Marketing and other teams in Europe, Asia/Pacific and Japan to improve delivery processes and to ensure consistency across Apple web properties. - Drive process changes to ensure scalability and long term excellence in delivering the digital customer experience. - Identify improvements to DCM Traffic and Planning teams process, and manage rollout and support of changes. - Identify, build, and maintain relationships with new and existing internal key partners. - Provide technical, operational, and process best practice advising for internal partners and customers. - Support broader DCM teams with process improvements that benefit the organization as a whole. Represent the DCM team and the Apple Online Store in broader Apple forums.
Education & Experience
Bachelors level degree.
- - Previous e-commerce experience a plus.
- - Proficiency in one or more languages other than English is also desirable.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount—both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.