3D Tools Web Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
As an engineer in the Ground Truth Systems Team, you will work on some of the hottest topics in AI/ML: Large scale annotation of 3D data for Machine Learning and Augmented Reality. We have a cross functional team with expertise on Machine Learning, large scale data management, HCI, and 3D Software development. You will have the opportunity to learn about the latest on 3D Machine Learning, large scale 3D annotation, and large scale data management for Machine Learning. You will be part of every stage of development from concept to deployment. If you're passionate about the user experience, want to be part of a group that works on very early stage products, have the opportunity to shape them, and enjoy crafting robust, scalable, and maintainable software, we may be the team for you!
- Experience with 3D Graphics (WebGL, OpenGL, Three.js)
- Familiarity with basic 3D concepts: Euler Angles, Quaternions, Camera Models
- Expertise with one or more front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue.js
- Experience with one or more libraries for state management such as Redux, Vuex
- Experience with one or more bundling tools such as Webpack, Rollup, Parcel
- Keen eye for design, user experience, and detail
- Nice to have: game development or similar experience
- Nice to have: Computer vision / machine learning fundamentals
The Ground Truth Systems team is part of the Video Computer Vision org, responsible for providing large scale ground truth to train Deep Learning models developed by the the organization. The Video Computer Vision org is an applied research and engineering organization responsible for developing real-time on-device Computer Vision and Machine Perception technologies across Apple products. We balance research and product to deliver Apple quality, state-of-the-art experiences, innovating through the full stack, and partnering with HW, SW and ML teams to influence the sensor and silicon roadmap that brings our vision to life. Examples include FaceID, Animoji/Memoji, Scene Understanding, People Understanding and Positional Tracking (VIO/SLAM).
Education & Experience
BS or MS CS/CE/EE (or equivalent) in the area of computer.