SoC New Product Introduction Materials Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Would you like to join us in these pursuits? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Be at the center of the action on new silicon product development for Apple's groundbreaking SoC's. Are you a leader? Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Can you deliver on a predictable and dynamic schedule? We seek a premier EPM to support high volume new product introduction (NPI) activities. You will demonstrate your in-depth understanding of the Semiconductor/Foundry business and the intricacies of the relationships between internal silicon design, process and productizing teams to lead suppliers and enable the smooth ramp of high volume sophisticated SoC devices. In this role, you will drive decisions on build priorities, capacity allocation, new technology adoption, pricing variance and bring to bear worldwide foundry capabilities to Apple’s advantage. You will also optimize supply chain performance by supervising metrics such as yield, lead time, cost, and quality.
- Effectively and regularly collaborate with internal and supplier engineering/supply chain management teams on status, priorities, issue resolution and roadmaps.
- Collaborate across Apple organizations, specifically with silicon and system teams to ensure new product development schedules are meeting system build requirements.
- Guide teams through the NPI phase from tape-out to ramp.
- Project all critical work such as POR process, final test programs and operational reports to meet productization schedule and volume requirements.
- Rapidly synthesize and communicate findings to senior leaders and proactively identify potential supply issues that can affect product strategy.
- Understand and use commercial and technology agreements to assess and mitigate risks to the business.
- Handle global supply chain disruptions in real time with the support of international teams on site if needed and on short notice.
- Present regularly to management teams.
• 4 years minimum of fabless silicon supply chain experience. • Program Management, Supply Chain and Organizational Change expertise. • Proven understanding of semiconductor foundry model, test and packaging technologies and lead time issues as well as trade-offs to optimize results. • Factory management (Fab, OSAT) including blocking issues, negotiations and material schedules. • Multi-functional collaboration with teams locally and overseas. • In depth understanding of manufacturing flow and turn-around times for semiconductor devices (Fabrication, ATE, Test, Assembly). • Maintenance of sophisticated trackers for system builds. • Experience reviewing and enforcing supplier contract requirements. • Prior success in high volume silicon NPI. • 25% travel internationally, sometimes with limited notice as needed. • Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in technical field and supply chain preferred.