Business Development & Strategy - Team Leader
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Are you passionate about bringing new products to life? Are you interested in working at the forefront of operations innovation? We hope you will consider joining our Apple team!
- Manage and develop a team supporting various projects and deal activity for other groups at Apple
- Lead research and commercial strategy development in coordination with internal teams, clearly and concisely present key findings and proposals to senior executives
- Establish relationships with third party executive teams to develop, negotiate, and execute agreements for technology creation, licensing, and partnerships
- Have a deep understanding of deal terms and the ability to tackle creatively in complex situations to achieve objectives and mitigate risk; and collaborate across Apple organizations including engineering, legal, finance, marketing, and others to ensure technical and business objectives are met!
As a Business Development & Strategy Team Leader you will lead a team for new commercial engagements between Apple’s engineering/product organizations and external partners for the development of next-generation technologies and services, including close collaboration with many confidential Apple programs. In this role you will be responsible for coordinating cross-functionally, solving problems creatively, developing deal structures and leading engagement, strategy, and negotiations with Apple’s partners! We are seeking someone with a keen understanding of complex commercial contracts, business models, intellectual property and legal terms. The position also requires exploratory research to find new opportunities and experience creating business development proposals in an autonomous working environment.
Education & Experience
BA/BS + 5 years of relevant experience, including leading people MBA and/or JD preferred and experience in operations and supply chain
- • Ability to resolve ambiguity by applying structure and principles and systematically using/communicating data
- • Knowledge of detailed commercial contracts, licensing, intellectual property and experience negotiating technology development and supplier agreements
- • Strong analytical skills, and a strong aptitude to work both independently and collaboratively and a willingness to travel internationally (20% - 30%)