Apple Retail Programs, Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, excellent ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The Retail Engineering organization has the goal of providing an intuitive, seamless and inspiring customer experience interacting with our people, products and services. This Engineering Project Manager role will lead strategic projects by mobilizing key team members across both business and Engineering leaders to influence, drive and implement cutting edge retail concepts into reality.
- Familiarity and experience with the needs of contemporary software product management
- Proven success with leveraging A/B testing platforms and applied machine learning
- Must exude confidence around Product and Engineering Level Executives (Directors, Sr. Directors, VPs and SVPs)
- Ability to lead, take action and provide goal-oriented direction in the face of ambiguity
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Team player with ability to partner and influence at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to multi-task own activities across diverse business units and geographical boundaries
- Comfortable expressing a point of view and influencing change across projects, programs and processes
- Knowledge of Apple Retail and core products and operating systems preferred
- Must have a passion for process re-engineering — driving predictability while enabling innovation
- E-commerce programs and product management experience
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle experience (i.e. Waterfall, Agile)
- Experience managing program teams in a matrixed environment
- Project management experience in (software/technology field)
The Engineering PM role is responsible to inspire, mobilize and lead special projects with a focus on common deliverables, goals and timelines. This role will partner across Apple Leadership including Corporate Apps and Systems, Retail (Online & Stores), Legal, Internal Audit, Engineering, Marketing, and Finance. You should be comfortable and confident working in a dynamic environment, partnering with teams to move through the unknown. Flexibility when handling directional changes and ability to concurrently handle multiple large-scale programs. Confidence in the ability to listen and be patient with others — working across dynamic organizations will highlight differences on how Apple departments operate.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or equivalent with a minimum of ten years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of experience Masters/MBA preferred.
- Preferred candidate should have strong familiarity of Apple’s Engineering environment.