Camera Build and Release Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple Inc is looking for a build and release engineer to join the Camera Firmware and Driver team. In this role, you will support Engineering and QA teams by managing the source code management system, developing tools and processes for automating builds and regression testing, and coordinating and pushing new releases. We are looking for a passionate and experienced engineer who has proven experience with Continuous Integration systems, automation and testing. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment is a must.
- 3+ years of experience in a release engineering and/or configuration management role
- Expertise with source code management systems (Git is preferred)- branching strategies, merging, pull Requests etc.
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins and buildbot
- Proficient with scripting, particularly shell and Python
- Experience building C++
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Passionate about software automation
- Experience with SCM branching, merging, pull requests
- Prior knowledge of embedded software development process and lifecycle is a plus
- Familiarity with Mac OS and iOS and Xcode is a plus
In this role you will: -Manage the build & release process for various iOS/MacOS projects -Configure, manage and scale software systems and tools for CI and deployment -Make daily and patch releases - triage and debug build issues and work with developers and QA to ensure timely resolution -Implement best practices for building, testing, and releasing software -Identify useful new technologies that can improve efficiency and reliability and incorporating them into the CI & build release workflows
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience