Car Experience Software Screener/Integrity Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Car Experience iOS Development team is seeking a hardworking engineer to help build the next generation of Car Experiences for iOS users and take it to the next level. As a Software Screener/Integrity Engineer on the Car Experience team, you’ll bring your keen observational and analytical skills, empathy for users, and passion for quality to an engineering team working to make the next generation Car Experiences remarkably phenomenal.
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with consumer-facing software development processes
- Expertise with bug tracking systems
- Experience debugging software issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dedicated, results-oriented, detail-oriented, and well-organized
- Experience in shell scripting, make, Python/Perl and Bash
- You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering perfection.
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive demeanor
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
As a screener/integrity engineer on the Car Experience development team, you will prioritize incoming bugs, understand and find your way through the source code, analyze logs, and determine priority of issues. You will be encouraged to spot emerging issues from bug reports filed by Apple employees and external developers, follow up with bug filers to collect additional information that can help the team debug. You will gain encyclopedic knowledge all things CarPlay and apply that knowledge to engineering design discussions and feature planning. You will drive our day-to-day process around bug and source code management in service of delivering high quality features and improvements to our developers and users. In this role you will also be expected to spend time on coding and other software development tasks such as developing features and/or fixing bugs in internal tools, work on scripting and automated testing, and even work on end user features shipping in the product.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Systems Engineering