Technical Program Manager - iPhone, Camera Depth
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Technical Program Manager – iPhone, Camera Depth Location: Cupertino, CA Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We don’t just create products — we create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 7+ years of Technical position in high tech industry, solid understanding of manufacturing and quality, has sense of urgency, strong problem solver, strong communicator
- Experience and knowledge of statistic and data analysis tools such as Tableau, JMP, SPC, FMEA, DOE, TA, DFM, FlexSIM
- Meaningful experience/background in introducing products into manufacturing, and/or high volume production with Asia-based manufacturing suppliers
- Experience in ramping optical modules into high volume production a large plus
- Desire and ability for problem solving and debugging
- Ability to work with a wide range of people with varying degrees of experience
- Excellent project management skills Program / Project Management experience preferred
- Strong organizational, documentation and presentation/communication skills
We have an opportunity for a Technical Program Manager. The Technical Program Manager works in conjunction with the New Production Introduction group as well as a multi-functional team of Design, Supplier Quality, Test, and Global Supply Chain Managers to ensure top quality products and drive perfection into what we do. In this highly visible technical lead role, you will be working with cross- functional teams and vendors to demonstrate your outstanding ability to combine knowledge of Optics, electronics, and projector module manufacturing with mechanics and manufacturing process / process controls / Automation and deliver results on a tight timeline is a requirement. -Work with suppliers and internal cross-functional teams, Provide leadership and drive yield, efficiency, and other production matrices to target; operational excellence in bringing-up scalable and sustainable mass-production process -Areas of ownership will include factory set-up and sustenance of technical operations functions associated with optical module manufacturing, including SMT, Assembly, and Test processes -Executive level status reports including BRR (build readiness review), NPR (New Product Review), ok2X, etc -Analyze data from factory, customer, field, etc, develop action plan and quality decision based on the data -Drive lessons learned into designs and use predictive methods to anticipate and avoid issues early in development cycle -Call out key concerns and options timely for resolutions to senior management -Up to 40% domestic/international travel is expected
Education & Experience
MS or BS in related Engineering discipline
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.