Camera - SR Performance Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The iPhone is the most popular camera in the world, with billions of photos taken every year. The flawless integration of software and hardware has led to features like Smart HDR, Portrait Mode, Live Photos and Memories, all of which deliver experiences that are magical! The Camera & Photos team focuses on user-experience by leveraging computer vision and image processing through machine learning. We work hard on products that ship to millions of people, and in search of engineers who want to do the same.
- You have 5+ years of high level software experience (framework, application), as well as experience debugging and bugfixing.
- Proficient in Objective-C or C/C++.
- You have proven experience profiling and bugfixing above the driver level, preferably at system level (i.e. knowledge of common issues related to memory, CPU, power, how to profile them and common solutions).
- You're experienced in multiprocessing and memory management from a system perspective.
- You have experience with software release lifecycles.
- You take initiative to roll up your sleeves and investigate issues at source code level and propose possible patches
- You actively implement tests to diagnose and validate performance issues.
- 3-5 years of multithreading software development experience.
Do you thrive in a collaborative environment? We are looking for a senior, system-level software engineer with strong embedded software dev experience, who can communicate clearly, while expertly driving multiple projects, across many teams. We would like someone who is passionate about shaping the direction and driving the delivery of the Apple Camera. If this resonates with you, we would love to speak to you about our opportunity!
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience