Software Delivery EPM
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Software Engineering group is renowned for its work in user experience, integration, functionality and lifestyle. It's a critical component of Apple's ecosystem and one that continues to break new ground every day. This kind of success has been the result of very skilled people working in an environment which fosters creativity, cooperation and the solving of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of place that you find intriguing, then this may be the place for you.
- Strong background in the services infrastructure and/or the security space.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders across a variety of business units.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Ability to organize and participate in requirements or design brainstorming sessions
- Experience managing multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to be an active participant in prioritization discussion by representing customer and project interests in a greater context.
- Ability to propose and adapt process to accommodate different management styles and situations.
Within the Software Engineering group, the Software Delivery (SD) team is responsible for technology which underlies Apple's software build infrastructure and services. We are looking for project managers who can thrive in a fast-paced workplace where both individual drive and team collaboration are the keys to success. The group is interested in people who can be more than schedule jockeys and note-takers... SD project managers are engaged with all aspects of the project process from customer engagement, prioritization, product roadmapping, requirements analysis, design, engineering, QA, deployment and aftercare. The ideal candidate can act as a full partner with each of these teams and help guide the design and evolution of the features and systems on which they work. A firm grasp of the fundamentals of project management is important, but there is more of importance than just the typical skill set. The team focuses on infrastructure efforts and acts not only in the best interest of the projects under their care, but are expected to always keep in mind what is best for the group, the organization and the company. As an empowered member of SD, you will facilitate resolution of conflicts between equally passionate groups in light of these perspectives and pursue the solution until its end. Systems of this scope are complex, so you will not only be expected to be able to readily understand complicated and subtle interdependencies, but also to evaluate new requests and new information in light of how it affects or is affected by those systems. Being able to think on your feet is critical, as is the ability to productively debate the validity of a given approach to any aspect of a project under your control. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are must-haves for any candidate. Being a self-starter with a strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership is also important as the team is looking for the kind of person who can dive right into a problem and get it taken care of without having to be asked to do so. As a member of the SD team, you will be helping to care for a system that serves the passions and needs of many tens of millions of customers, so we're looking for somebody who can be equally passionate.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in CS or technical field
- Also desirable:
- • Fluent in software development processes (SDLC)
- • Demonstrated ability to organize and manage rapid co-ordinated response efforts.
- • Experience with infrastructure-focused projects (i.e. networks, services, APIs, etc.)
- • Experience in working on security related remediation efforts by working with both operations team as well as impacted downstream customers.