AI/ML - Data Scientist, Siri Data
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Do you get excited by driving product impact via measurement and evaluation, for products and services used by hundreds of millions of people globally? The vision for the Siri Data organization is to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. Within this organization the mission of the Search Analytics team is to inform product evolution through measurement, evaluation, and analysis of the user experience. You will partner with Search engineering teams to improve search quality and guide feature development with data, to deliver amazing search experiences across iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Mac, Watch, tv, across dozens of languages.
- Experience articulating and translating business questions and using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
- Expertise with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, sampling methods, survey designs, causal inference.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to naturally explain difficult technical topics (especially causal topics) to everyone from data scientists to engineers to business partners.
- Data-querying skills (SQL and/or Spark, etc.)
- Experience with a scripting language for data processing and development (e.g., Python, R, or Scala)
The goal of the Siri Search team is to take Siri search to the next level of intelligence and accuracy using advanced statistical techniques. The Data Scientist role in this team has a spectrum of approaches to improving Siri search, including Work with large, complex data sets. Solve analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale. Work closely with Engineers to find opportunities for, design, and assess improvements of Siri Search products
Education & Experience
An academic background is in quantitative field such as Statistics, Operational Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computer Science, Sociology, Mathematics, Physics, or similar quantitative field. Prefer advanced degree + 2 years of relevant industry experience.