Electrical Engineering Technician
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to become part of a hands-on team that fosters teamwork, creativity and innovation? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. The Thermal Design team is seeking an Engineering Technician to focus on technology validation, characterization, and prototyping activities as related to the development of Apple’s products. Join a team of talented technicians and engineers in a fast-paced and demanding development environment.
- Typically requires at least 5+ years of electrical engineering testing experience.
- Experience with test execution, either manually or using test automation on Mac/Windows OS.
- Ability to debug electrical circuits, must be familiar with DVM’s, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Experience writing or modifying scripting languages for automation purposes. Python is a plus, but not required.
- Hands on experience utilizing laboratory equipment (e.g., data acquisition, digital multimeter, AC/DC power sources).
- Experience with basic tools. (e.g., screw drivers, Dremel tool, hand drills, files, soldering iron, heat gun).
- Highly motivated, capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to multitask, strong individual contributor with excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Heat transfer and/or experience with fluid mechanics is considered a plus, but not required.
As an Engineering Technician, you will be responsible for the following: Conducting engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect design data or assist in research work. Writing and/or modifying scripts for automation purposes. Troubleshooting equipment and device issues, maintaining and solving test equipment problems as needed. Following and updating procedures and protocols to ensure reliability and quality of test results. Oversee/drive data collection and analysis. Work closely with development engineers to create design prototypes and models.
Education & Experience
BSEE or ASEE or equivalent.