Product Design Internship
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unrivaled and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Apple is currently seeking enthusiastic ME majors who can start work anytime between September, 2020 to September, 2021. The interns will provide support to design, engineering, prototyping and validation activities for all hardware product lines.
- Ability to work in team-based environment.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of finite element analysis theory and general mechanical engineering analysis.
- Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment.
- Desired Experience in any of the following:
- Prior experience in product design (preferably consumer electronics).
- Experience with component modules (LCD assemblies, batteries, camera modules, etc.) and their interconnect (FPC design and ACF bonding).
- Ability in plastic and metal part design.
- 3-D CAD skills
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- Handheld, portable and/or hardware experience.
- Integration of wireless antenna (GSM, GPS, Wifi) into mechanical enclosures.
- Design of audio subsystems (microphone, speaker, receiver).
- Unigraphics or Pro-engineer fluency.
As a member of a multi-functional design team at Apple, you will help to create the next generation of the world's finest hardware devices. You will conceive, design, and bring into production products that will re-define user experience. You will work closely with many different multi-functional teams including Industrial Design, Packaging, Safety, Hardware Engineering, EMC, and Marketing.
Education & Experience
Pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or similar degree. You are additionally required to return to school after the internship to continue or complete your education, or an internship needs to be required for graduation from your school. You also qualify if accepted into a graduate program after graduation.
- Good written and verbal communication Ability to juggle multiple requests/tests
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.