Hardware, Hardware Products, Hardware Engineering Internship
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unrivaled and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Apple is currently seeking enthusiastic EE major interns who can start work anytime between September, 2020 to September, 2021. The interns will support electrical & system design and integration of the iPod, iPhone, iPad, Watch and Mac computers. The applicants will assist in engineering processes that support the design, integration, implementation, testing, and qualification of various electrical sub-systems.
- Familiar with computer system architecture, digital logic design and verification, and digital and analog circuit analysis, Analog IC
- Interest in chip design; microarchitecture of on-chip interconnection networks
- Antenna, cellular, wireless, OTA, RF Engineering, high-speed signals; wireless communication theory, RF circuit design
- CPU & GPU Architecture
- C, C++, Python, Perl, SQL, assembly, Mac OS X, PH, Obj-C
- VHDL, Verilog RTL, Digital Logic Design
- Measurement equipment: spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, oscilloscope
- Ability to interpret schematics and have exposure to physical design and debugging of circuits via FPGA or PCBs.
- Excellent verbal and written social skills.
- Prior internships or work experience preferred.
Some responsibilities in Hardware Engineering may include: - Engineering Program Management: Identifying, evaluating and driving engineering/quality improvements/new supplier qualifications) - Touch/Displays Engineering: Optics, Flat Panel/HW, Touch Mechanical Design. Design & Execute experiments validating new materials (optical, mechanical); Optimize design for performance and reliability - Wireless Technologies: Antenna Design, RF System Level Validation, Automated Software/Tool Dev, Optimization of RF Automated Systems, RF Sys Analysis - ASIC / VLSI: RTL Design & Implementation, Verification, Integration, Validation, Emulation, Power/Tech & Circuits, CAD, STA, Physical Design, Low Power Design, Signal Integrity, Analog/Mixed Signal, LDV/HDV, DFT - Embedded/Systems Development: Electrical System Design and Integration, System-Level Testing Support, Schematic Capture, Bug Resolution - Audio/Acoustics/Optical Production Testing and Mechanical Test Design - Human Interface Devices: Firmware Eng, Low-Level Microcontroller Code Dev, Prototyping concepts, design verification (FPGA), Streamline Electrical Design - Firmware Development: Writing/Debugging Low level firmware, drivers, protocols and other firmware code, developing embedded firmware solutions
Education & Experience
Pursuing a BS, MS, or Ph.D. in EE/CE/ECE. You are additionally required to return to school after the internship to continue or complete your education, or an internship needs to be required for graduation from your school. You also qualify if accepted into a graduate program after graduation.
- Good written and verbal communication Ability to juggle multiple requests/tests
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.