ISE, Proactive -Chinese Machine Learning Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Want to make a difference on how billions of users communicate daily using their mobile devices? Join the Chinese Language Intelligence team to contribute to state-of-the-art software solutions that use machine learning and linguistics to power Apple keyboards and other text input modalities. The team is responsible for a wide range of on-device text input technologies, including QuickType, QuickPath, tokenization, tagging and other solutions that are at the intersection of machine learning and NLP. We are seeking a talented software architect to lead future versions of Chinese input solutions for all Apple platforms. The ideal candidate has excellent fundamentals on data structures and algorithms and experience writing production quality C++ code, and is hardworking and innovative about incorporating Machine Learning technologies into end-user features.
- Strong object oriented C++ experience
- Software architecture design
- Excellent understanding of algorithms, data structures, coding standards
- Experience writing highly performant code
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Familiarity with Chinese language
- 8+ Years of Software Development experience
As a member of the team, you will work with a team of software, machine learning, and NLP specialists and will participate in the entire software lifecycle: influencing new feature directions, designing and implementing new features, and improving existing features. You will write performant software running on device used by billions of people daily. You will use the power of metrics to make informed decisions for new directions and improvement areas.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Desired Additional Experience: Machine Learning knowledge / experience Experience developing for iOS / macOS platforms