Cloud Database Engineer - Austin, Seattle OR Denver
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products - we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This position hiring in Austin, Seattle and Denver, expects future Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. So, it is substantial for the person to be ready to take challenges and deliver the best.
- You have 5-7 years of hands-on practice in handling databases of solutions in the Cloud with at least 1-3 years of full cycle deployment experience in migration of database solutions in Cloud environment
- Prove ability to work with conflicting partner interests effectively
- Highly effective technical communications skills (verbal and written)
- You've attained 5+ years of increasing responsibilities within a multi-location organization
- Good interpersonal and prioritization skills and you have a real passion for learning
- Your working experience includes various cloud services and cost optimizations
- Your experience in different Clustering and Sharding Database architectures across different database technologies is above the average
- You hold experience in handling High performance, Web Scale and Global solutions using Cloud based data stores
- You have experience with running Development to Production deployment pipelines
- You maintain experience with Benchmarking datastore solutions within and across On-Prem and Cloud.
- Experience architecting end to end cloud solutions for complex enterprise applications
- Hands-on, advanced experience architecting, engineering and managing cloud solutions on AWS and/or Google Clouds Platform
We are looking for a hardworking and proactive individual who is skilled and proficient in architecting strategic solutions that define the shape of Data Infrastructure across a large global company like Apple. Specifically, while you have in-depth knowledge of database technologies, we need you to have a strong record of deploying those in public, private, hybrid and multi-cloud architectures. You are a passionate Cloud Database Engineer who will help define and resolve industry standard practices in deploying or migrating EDW data and analytics in Cloud environments. You possess in depth understanding of other Cloud Infrastructure components like Network, Security, System/Storage and Cost Optimization techniques. We are hiring for work locations in Austin, Seattle and Denver.
Education & Experience
MS in Computer Science/Engineering or Equivalent
- Experience with High Transactional throughput data store is desirable
- Experience with Analytics Platform in a cloud environment is a plus
- Ability to rationalize solutions and even problems from both business and technology perspectives