Sr. Manager, Analytics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — we build the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Join Apple Retail as a key member of the Apple Online team, reporting to the Sr. Director of Digital Experience and eCommerce. As the leader of Online Analytics and Decision Support, you will lead a team of Data Scientists and Analysts responsible for supporting the Apple Online business and marketing teams, as well as the broader Retail Stores organization with best in class data drive insights, dashboards and data solutions.
- Strong expertise in statistical models and measurement techniques (e.g. Generalized Linear Models, Time series analysis, Forecasting, Clustering, Decision Trees, Sampling, Geo Spatial modeling, Marketing Mix models etc.)
- Validated technical database knowledge (Oracle, Teradata) and experience optimizing SQL queries on large data.
- Experience with big data computing and machine learning techniques (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, Scikit-learn in Python, etc.) is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing business KPIs and dashboards towards enabling actionable insights and business optimizations.
- Proven ability to be effective in virtual team leadership, and managing through influence.
- Outstanding collaborator.
- Experience building, motivating, developing and inspiring a team.
- Strong track record of initiating and managing cross-functional and cross-organizational projects, building relationships with stakeholders, and influencing decision makers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, including presenting to executives.
- Exceptional ability to problem solve, develop creative solutions, and demonstrate resourcefulness, while maintaining extreme attention to detail.
- Experience supporting eCommerce and Digital Marketing stakeholders.
The Online Analytics and Decision Support team is responsible for providing insights and analytical solutions to Digital Marketing and Marcom, Online Merchandising and eCommerce commercial teams, Online Product Management, Retail Real Estate as well as Finance partners. We are looking for an experienced leader with a track record of developing people, programs, and teams. You have a strong technical background and are capable of being both hands-on and leading teams to build insights. You are also a great teammate, able to collaborate and establish partnerships across the company. You are skilled analytically, with a deep understanding of the businesses you support. We are looking for a thought partner for our business stakeholders, to understand their goals and objectives, who can then use their analytical skills and tools to surface meaningful insights. We seek a strong business attitude and outstanding technical skills, while possessing the ability to condense complex analysis and technical concepts into clear and concise takeaways for business leaders.
Education & Experience
15+ years of experience in business analytics, statistical modeling, measurement planning and execution. 10+ years people management experience. Advanced degree in a quantitative field, such as statistics, applied social sciences, engineering, or mathematics.