Hardware Engineer, Camera - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Project Group at Apple is currently seeking an extraordinary hardware engineer with testing and analysis skills to be responsible for the testing, analysis, and validation of machine vision and depth cameras for autonomous systems. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? If you’re passionate about the user experience, want to work in a group that works on early stage hardware, have the opportunity to shape it, and enjoy crafting robust, scalable, and maintainable solutions, we may be the team for you. You will join the team that owns all aspects of camera technology development including research, design, test, qualification, and deployment on autonomous systems. Camera Engineers work with a cross-functional team of platform hardware and software engineers as well as outside suppliers to actualize designs and bring them into production.
- Strong understanding of camera fundamentals, and image quality specifications, e.g. MTF, SFR, Flare, etc.
- Working experience with image testing environment and tools.
- Experience with scripting languages, e.g. Python, MATLAB
- Understanding of image signal processing (ISP) pipelines, camera calibration and image quality tuning.
- Familiar with dept sensing technology, depth and image sensor performance metrics, and integration into camera systems.
- Define, implement, and execute tests that cover all system specifications. - Define, implement, and execute characterization and verification plans, develop quantitative metrics to evaluate performance and impairments, and specify lab setups and real-world environments for validation scenarios. - Provide rigorous and comprehensive evaluation and analysis of sensor hardware and software that goes beyond simple sensor design verification. - Work closely with manufacturing partners on camera design evaluation, module prototype builds, and qualification testing targeted for high-volume production. - Perform large scale data analysis and generate validation metrics.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in relevant field (EE, ME, Optics, Physics) plus a minimum 3 years of industry experience.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their loved onesin important ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace