Operational Program Manager, Apple Arcade
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The App Store is the largest gaming platform in the world. In 2008, we launched with 500 apps and games. Now there are millions. And last year, we opened the latest chapter with Apple Arcade, the first game subscription service for mobile, desktop and the living room featuring over 100 new and exclusive games, including original releases from renowned creators. We're seeking an Operational Program Manager to join the Apple Arcade team. You will facilitate the day to day operations of the team that works directly with game developers from around the world to deliver fun and compelling games to our customers. Core responsibilities include enhancing and developing tools and processes that keep the team efficient, building and maintaining communication plans with external developers, and representing the team in cross functional settings to ensure that information is shared consistently with internal partners. You will be the one the team will count on to ensure that the way we meet our primary mission of releasing high quality games in a timely way is efficient and scalable. We're growing and urge you to apply! We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
- 5-7 years of experience in an operations or project management role
- Familiarity with the game development process, in particular releasing products on the Apple App Store, is a plus
- Able to comprehend complex processes and to quickly identify key opportunities for improvements
- You have an uncompromising attention to detail and the ability to track multiple priorities over disparate sources of information
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills; thrive in highly collaborative projects, effective at building consensus, easily work with creative and business partners, internally and externally
- You possess strong personal management skills in chasing down areas of ambiguity and defining solutions for problems as they are discovered
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; with capacity to move between technical and non-technical audiences
- You have strong Excel skills and familiarity with standard Project Management tools
In this role, you will be a key member of the Program Management team ensuring that delivering our robust portfolio of games can be done with a minimum of friction so that the focus can be on maintaining fun and timeliness of the products. You will dig into the team's processes to drive improvements to workflow and tools. You will develop and manage methods of communications that help build strong developer engagement and awareness of ongoing Arcade priorities. You will streamline sharing of information to and from other teams by representing the Program Management team in cross functional engagements. This is a challenging role where you will handle dozens of projects sometimes with competing priorities and conflicting schedules across many different groups. At the same time, you will make full use of your ability to read people and situations to maintain strong relationships and sustain the team's esprit de corps.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience