Sr SW Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Apple Online Store is looking for a highly motivated & innovative senior software engineer to join the Apple Online Store Engineering team. You will deliver projects sought at improving the hugely successful Apple Online Store.
- We are seeking 5 - 10 years overall Software Engineer/Developer experience.
- We want you to have programming in Java with experience in Spring or other MVC frameworks.
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric web applications.
- Knowledge and experience with service-oriented architecture. Expert knowledge of computer science, with great understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Strong leadership abilities in driving operational excellence and best engineering practices.
- Experience working in a Unix environment. Knowledge of C++/app development a plus.
We are looking for a self starting, upbeat individual with excellent written and interpersonal skills, who is a great team player, but not afraid to question assumptions and take initiative. As part of the Apple Online Store Engineering team, your responsibilities will include working closely with other engineering team members and interacting with product, design, QA and many other groups to lead and deliver world class engineering products in an exciting fast-paced environment. Your work will focus on building user facing applications that integrate with back-end services with features and UI centered around digital assets.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science preferred
- Images and video asset management in consumer E-commerce industry. 3D/VR/AR asset management a plus. Experience with high traffic eCommerce applications, or online merchandising web sites. Expertise in application security. Working knowledge of software development methods and processes including Waterfall and Agile development practices.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.