Engineering Program Manager, Data - Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create and build products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. We are seeking an Engineering Program Manager with strong technical skills and experience working with data modeling concepts to support and drive mathematical projects related to ad selection. This role requires that you understand the big picture while also being able to dive into technical details to find solutions to problems. This role will involve interaction with all aspects of engineering, marketing, legal, support and product release.
- 5+ years in project management, program management or product management
- 3+ years of technical experience demonstrating strong technical proficiency in consumer-oriented field
- 2+ years of overall experience in agile software development as a core member of a Scrum team, with experience acting as Scrum Master or Product Owner preferred
- Working understanding of data science, machine learning, and/or AI preferred
- Ambitious and dedicated, with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Phenomenal attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Product release experience
- Familiarity with the advertising industry, ad technology, data privacy, and related legal and regulatory concerns strongly preferred
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience representing product and technology solution details of the teams you lead
- You will act as the representative for cross functional, data centric teams. You will have an understanding of the work that your team is doing and why, with the ability to facilitate decisions regarding priorities, scope, risks, and tradeoffs. - Tracking and managing cross functional requirements, timelines and dependencies. Communicate project timelines, status and potential risks. Your ability to lead communication between cross-functional groups is critical. - Maintaining various communication mediums, such as websites and status reports used to communicate goals, current focuses, and progress. - You will contribute to the continual improvement and automation of our internal process by improving existing project tools or building new ones as required. - Driving positive interactions with other departments, engineers, managers, and senior stakeholders.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent