DevOps Engineer - AirPods
San Diego, California, United States
The Audio Products Firmware team is looking for an energetic engineer to join our team. In this role you will be working with a wide variety of functional groups to create and improve the testing pipelines and tooling required to build Apple products. You will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the quality of firmware and software for Apple's consumer audio products.
- 4+ years of proven excellence in building, maintaining, and improving CI infrastructure for large organizations
- Able to coordinate the efforts of multiple teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be analytical and possess strong organizational/problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with at least one general purpose programming/scripting language including but not limited to Python, Ruby or Bash
- Familiar with one or more CI/CD tools — TeamCity/Jenkins/CircleCI/GitLab
- Experience with concepts and frameworks commonly used in CI (REST API’s, machine virtualization)
- Experience with languages, tools, and frameworks for embedded systems and embedded systems testing is great to have (Make, gcc or clang tool chain, cunit, google test, clang static analysis, cppcheck, gcov, etc.)
This is a high visibility job that involves a deep understanding of our cutting edge technologies. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent communication skills and attention to detail. You must be a great teammate, but also be able to work effectively on their own. We are seeking someone who is passionate about our products and is interested in improving the quality for our customers. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. Excellent communication and collaboration is a must, as you will be asked to partner with team members and other engineering teams. Areas of Responsibilities: - Ensure that the infrastructure and tooling to deliver high quality code as efficiently as possible is up and available at all times - Make use of existing frameworks and tools, customizing and building from scratch where necessary - Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for firmware engineering, identifying gaps or inefficiencies and suggesting improvements.
Education & Experience
BS or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.