Software Development Engineer in Test
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Apple Online Store Quality Engineering team is looking for creative and passionate Software Engineer in Test with excellent problem solving and communication skills. This position re- quires an ambitious individual who can collaborate in a fast-paced environment despite in- complete specifications and minimal direct supervision. You must work well and stay cool under pressure and stress. As a part of QE team, you will be tasked with identifying au- tomation opportunities, then defining the test approach, and implementing a robust solution that has a sound architecture.
- * 10+ years experience in Java in a service oriented architecture
- * 5+ years experience with Junit/TestNG, Jenkins, Maven,SQL, JSON, XML
- * Experience in writing test automation frameworks for REST services
- * Experience with Web Automation tools such as Selenium, Raft, etc
- * Proven understanding of Internet Protocols TCP/IP, HTTP and HTTPS
- * Expertise in building and maintaining test beds, test environments and automated data dri-
- * ven test suite
- * Experience developing frameworks from scratch using industry standard methodologies
- * 8+ years of experience in Quality Engineering, with focus in e-commerce/web applications
- * testing
- * Proven understanding of NoSQLs like Couchbase, MongoDB, etc and caching strategies
- * Experience with Automation in AWS
- * Experience using revision control systems (svn, git)
- * Scripting skills (Python, Bash, etc)
- * Experience with highly scalable, multi-threaded systems
- * Strong verbal and written communication
- * Passion for product quality and uncovering hard to find scenarios and bugs. Attention to
- * detail and good at finding edge cases
- * Self starter working optimal, individually as well as collaboratively with strong interper-
- * sonal and interpersonal skills
- * Description
- * Design & develop tests, tools, & frameworks to enable reduction of manual testing.
- * Work with development team to review functionality. Design, build, test, and deploy effective test automation solutions.
- * Work closely with operations and software engineers to develop robust test automation, continuous integration, performance improvement, and continuous deployment
- * environment to ensure all aspects of the product are tested accurately.
- * Create test plans & test cases, execute manual or automated test cases, coordinate testing
Using product staff and testing resources, run build scripts, deploy build output to QA controlled test environments, and perform refresh of QA test environments including static QA databases. Support product development and maintenance of production systems/services. Support one or more of the large-scale web applications and work closely with product teams. Responsibilities include capacity planning, performance improvement, and automation/tool development. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, or a related field and ten years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in job