Sr. SW Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming industry leading products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Apple Online Store (AOS) team is responsible for delivering the e-commerce systems and solutions that enable and support the buying experience on apple.com. We build one of the slickest e-commerce site on planet while keeping Apple brand at the forefront in every aspect of the engineering. Our solutions are designed for global reach while keeping the regional nuances in mind. We use the latest in open source technologies in addition to building our own frameworks. The Sr. SW Engineer is responsible for the design, development and support of multiple web apps for internal use by AOS. This person will be the technical lead for a team of UI developers and will coordinate their efforts with other engineering teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills needed to lead a small team of UI developers, providing technical direction and mentoring for team members of all levels
- 5+ years experience in web development and passion for building technology for high performance products
- Proven experience with the latest web standards, including HTML5 and CSS3
- 3+ years of experience with React or React state manager like Redux, MobX etc and other single page application libraries/frameworks
- Practice with reactive programming (RxJS) and standard methodologies
- Strong sense of web design and fundamentals of user experience
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject.
- Practice working directly with clients and leading projects from requirement gathering to production delivery.
- Comfortable learning new tools and/or programming languages and ability to switch between them efficiently.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and full web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques is a plus.
- Familiar with continuous integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Ansible and cloud computing like AWS, Google cloud etc.