Technical Partner Manager, Apple TV Channels
New York City, New York, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. All your TV. All in one app. The Apple TV app is just the premium channels you want, along with thousands of movies to buy or rent. Popular streaming services are integrated within it, along with the biggest TV providers as well. Add on original shows and movies from Apple TV+, all expertly curated, Apple TV app makes it easy to discover the best of what’s on, on all your screens. Be a part of an exciting and growing team, and help shape the future of video entertainment! This is a hands-on, external-facing position responsible for on-boarding and managing the technical relationship with partners of the Apple TV app including public broadcasters, SVOD providers, Pay TV Providers, and other industry-leading players. In this role, you’ll serve as an expert of both Apple’s partners' product offering, as well as the Apple TV platform, and how the two integrate. You’ll understand and be able to simply articulate the complexities of streaming video services, catalog and availability metadata, video and linear channel encoding, and asset preparation. You will play an integral part of working with Apple’s video partners to advance the features of the product into new spaces that help scale the business.
- 5 + Years of relevant media industry experience in video metadata, OTT apps, and partner management.
- Strong knowledge of the OTT video industry and streaming video services with a focus on operation and or integration.
- Strong knowledge of industry standard specifications and digital media workflows.
- Master at driving consensus with cross-functional stakeholders both within Apple and throughout the industry.
- Experience in working with large, complex XMLs data sets
- Data-minded and capable in working with large disparate data sets to form meaningful conclusions.
- Master at troubleshooting and rapid root cause analysis.
- Results-oriented, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
- Passion for TV, film, and other video content
- Experience working with a diverse group of media partners
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple easy to understand terms for non-technical audiences.
- Grace under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- Flexible and versatile in nature, able to take on challenges while maintaining and even keep and sense of humor.
- Results-oriented, upbeat, and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed
- Multiple language skills is a plus.
- Familiarity with a scripting language is a plus.
We are seeking a Partner Manager within the Apple TV App Operations organization to drive expansion and day-to-day management of our OTT partners. The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, an uncanny ability to build consensus, and a passion for helping customers find and access quality video content across a diverse set of applications and providers. This role will be responsible for: Driving expansion of our Video Platform with OTT video providers. Building relationships with OTT video providers around the world. Ensuring the quality of our video search and discovery experience across the Apple ecosystem. Developing scalable processes for onboarding new partners to the Apple TV app.
Education & Experience
Degree Preferred. 5 + Years of relevant media industry experience in video metadata, OTT apps, and partner management.