Security Engineering & Architecture, Cryptography Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Embedded within Apple's Security Engineering & Architecture organization, the Cryptographic Engineering team's mission is to deliver world-class cryptographic solutions and secure protocol engineering for products going in the hands of millions of customers. We are looking for a motivated cryptography engineer with a strong software background, capable of designing and implementing cryptographic protocols in embedded systems. As part of the team, you'll be responsible for the analyzing, proposing, and validating innovative cryptographic solutions for a wide range of applications. You will join a team that provides the cryptographic foundations protecting user data and valuable assets across all of Apple's products, including Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. In this role you will have the opportunity to: - Work in an innovative environment - Have a real impact on Apple features and products - Collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, from Silicon Engineering to Cloud services At Apple, you will have the chance to craft solutions and develop software for millions of users around the world. People who LOVE the products you make. As an Apple employee, you'll be part of a company whose commitment to user privacy is at the heart of everything we do. You'll be surrounded by the most creative, passionate, and talented engineers in the industry, constantly being challenged to go beyond the norm to find new, innovative ways of solving problems and to make software safer, easier, and more fun to use. Not many jobs can offer all of these things. Software Engineering jobs at Apple do, and much more.
- Passion for creating effective and pragmatic cryptographic designs
- Strong expertise in fundamental cryptographic algorithms and underlying mathematics, such as finite field arithmetic
- Deep understanding of side channel attacks and other challenges to modern applied cryptography
- Experience with software or cryptography formal methods
- Excellent C and systems programming skills
- An ability to delivery solid work on tight schedules and with the utmost of professionalism
- Great written and verbal communication, and a passion for teammate and collaboration with other software, hardware, marketing, and support teams to provide the best security solutions
Within Cryptography Engineering, we design and implement new innovative cryptographic constructions to address unique challenges such as secure messaging, device pairing, and cloud data privacy. As a member of our team, you will implement and validate state of the art algorithms and protocols on across a broad range architectures and embedded systems, including considerations to side channel attacks, performance, memory/code size constraints. Given the scope of our work, you will need to work cooperatively with other parts of Apple on cross-functional technologies and initiatives to enhance security. Success also requires that you promote and drive the adoption of these technologies across the organization.
Education & Experience
PhD or BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills