Apple Media Products Engineering - Senior Application Security Architect
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in application security.
- Good understanding of Authentication, Authorization, Identity lifecycle in a backend services/platform environment.
- Experience with securing workflows, data and tools related to ingestion of original content.
- Experience securing infrastructure in public clouds (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and in Kubernetes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Ability to scale by evangelising your work to leadership and engineers including writing requirements and solid technical guides.
- Experience implementing strategies to support secure and compliant architectures. Knowledge of network architectures, topologies and concepts (Firewalls, LB, WAF, CDN, VPC, ACL).
- An affinity and experience with an automation and development based approach to security.
- Some knowledge of architecture and vulnerabilities associated with data stores (relational and non-relational) and messaging/queuing systems.
- You thrive by identifying important work and doing it without explicit direction.
Apple Media Products (AMP) has been leading the digital media industry by constantly developing innovative features since its launch in April 2003. This includes the incredibly successful App Store, iTunes, Apple Music, and more. Being the source for so much digital content requires maintaining relationships with a vast number of providers, from record labels to movie studios to app developers. The Digital Supply Chain Engineering (DSCE) team is responsible for ensuring that new content is uploaded, processed, cataloged, and available on our storefronts when the provider expects it to be, and with the highest quality. We are looking for a self starting, energetic individual who is not afraid to question assumptions. The candidate should have experience designing, developing and reviewing secure large-scale systems. As an Application Security Architect in the Infrastructure team, you will: - Conduct security architecture review of the full stack including applications built on cloud and emerging technologies. - Partner closely with engineering teams and other AMP security leads to help build a consolidated roadmap of security improvements. - Provide SME support, security guidance, mentoring and prototyping support. - Research the latest security standard methodologies, threats and vulnerabilities and technology frameworks in areas of protecting content. - Work on defining the security initiatives roadmap and implementation plan. - Reason about risk in a complex, multi-tier platform environment.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.