Java Backend Engineer, AppleCare Digital
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Join Apple's Application Strategy and Engineering team as a Sr. Engineer. We are looking for experienced individuals to join our team of elite software engineers building the core services powering our platform. Do you love the challenge of solving sophisticated problems that can have a direct impact on the success of the company? Then we have the job for you!
- A proven knowledge of secure coding practices and experience with source technologies.
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills and proficiency in Java.
- Experience in distributed systems, design and implementation of high efficiency, low latency applications.
- Proven CS background, concurrent programming, and data structures.
- Strong understanding of NoSQL technologies like Cassandra.
- Deep understanding of TCP, web sockets, and libraries like Netty.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Exposure to other languages such as Lua would be desirable.
- Ability to learn new technologies in a short period of time.
- In this highly transparent position, you will collaborate with multi-functional engineering teams to define and implement some of the core backend platform frameworks and systems that will power next generation Apple services. You will be hands on with architecture, design and development. - You will have the opportunity to innovate, make decisions and foster your ideas with peers, management and other engineering team. This will require individuals to be highly motivated and have a passion for engineering phenomenal solutions. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Related field - Minimum of 5 years experience in relevant areas - Background in software development preferred