Games Monetization Manager, App Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple's App Store is the world's largest and most innovative software store, serving more than half a billion customers every week. Over the last 10 years, mobile games have evolved into highly immersive experiences, and the App Store has become one of the largest gaming platforms in the world. We believe we are just getting started. The App Store team is seeking a talented and results-oriented individual to join our team, focusing on games monetization strategy and policy. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of in-app monetization economics and design mechanics for free-to-play games. The candidate will work closely with external developers and multiple cross-functional groups within Apple to help developers build successful app businesses while providing amazing experiences for our mutual customers.
- 5+ years of experience managing a free-to-play mobile games business
- Deep knowledge of in-app monetization economics and design mechanics for free-to-play games, as well as the games industry more broadly
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills, with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding relationship management skills and ability to foster strong internal and external relationships
- Strong quantitative analytics skills, with expertise in Excel/Numbers
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize actionable insights from data and industry sources, and package those insights into persuasive, impactful proposals to influence new strategies
- Great project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize workloads, and adhere to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Support the development of the App Store’s business intelligence regarding free-to-play games monetization to provide guidance to developers and analysis to internal partners. Work closely with external developers to help them optimize their in-app monetization strategies, from initial conversion to long-term retention. Collaborate with multiple cross-functional groups within Apple to influence App Store policy and product decisions related to app business models and in-app monetization.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in business, economics, statistics, or related field; MBA or advanced degree preferred