Technical Translator - Arabic
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Software and Services
Are you looking for a great opportunity to work on a dynamic team passionate about delivering world-class localized software on some of the world’s most creative consumer electronic products? Do you love the challenge of solving complex problems that can have a direct impact on the success of the company? Join the team responsible for the localization of Siri. We are looking for experienced technical translators to localize Siri dialogs and related content into Arabic. Our localization team is looking for highly motivated individuals with the right mix of technical, creative, organizational and communication skills to provide technical translations and adaptations for Siri. Fluency and translation experience in Arabic is essential. The environment is fast paced, requiring the ability to manage workload with aggressive delivery schedules. In addition to project work, other responsibilities include contributing to improving the tools to make Siri localization workflows more efficient; helping to investigate the root causes of international issues that are found in localized software; evangelizing best practices for localization friendly content; defining and driving improvements in our localized content. Strong communication and collaboration skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage priorities are essential. This position is highly suited to technical translators with previous localization experience. It provides an opportunity to work within an exciting, supportive team, interact with other localization teams at Apple, as well as language engineering, Siri domain engineering and QA teams.
- Degree in applied linguistics, translation and/or equivalent experience.
- Accredited fluency in Arabic. Fluent in English.
- Excellent overall writing skills.
- Large vocabulary, literacy, and cross-cultural knowledge.
- Current and direct exposure to your native language's culture over a sustained period of time.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in, and sensitive to, multilingual and multicultural issues.
- Hands-on translation and adaptation of Siri dialogs into Arabic, along with other software products as needed. - Collaborating with the creative team to propose new use cases and ensure Siri personality consistency for the Arabic market. - Utilizing internal tools to identify changes with localization impact. - Bug monitoring, escalation, reporting and resolution. - Working with cross-functional groups to ensure the process runs smoothly and on schedule. - Ensuring Siri terminology is consistent with iOS and other Apple products and services. - Assisting with quick-turnaround translations. - Identifying tools and process enhancements. - Helping to fine-tune Text-to-Speech output. - Performing linguistic QA and runtime testing.
Education & Experience
Degree in Applied Linguistics, Translation and/or equivalent experience.
- * Experience with localization and internationalization.
- * Excellent knowledge of structural aspects of the language (syntax, semantics, phonology, phonetics).
- * Experience in software translation, natural language translation and computational linguistic experience.
- * Experience translating and/or localizing Apple product content.
- * Experience with localization tools (such as SDL Trados) and translation memory software.
- * Experience with a programming language.