Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s GPU Software team provides the graphics software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac, and Apple Watch. Our responsibilities encompass the frameworks, developer tools, and device drivers for the GPU and Display on all Apple hardware. This team recently announced Metal 2 which provides near-direct access to the graphics processing unit (GPU), enabling you to improve the graphics and compute potential of apps on iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. Building upon an efficient low-overhead architecture with pre-compiled shaders, fine-grained resource control, and multithreading support, Metal 2 further boosts performance by enabling the GPU to take more control of the rendering pipeline. Moving beyond just graphics, Metal 2 provides deep support for GPU-accelerated machine learning and offers improved developer tools that make it even easier to debug, optimize, and deploy Metal apps. On Mac, Metal 2 adds support for virtual reality (VR) rendering and external GPUs, and provides new APIs and optimizations to help developers adopt these new technologies within their apps.
- Excellent programming skills and knowledge of C/C++
- Development experience on linux or macOS
- Software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience with GPU hardware and software architecture analysis, design, and implementation
- Strong background with GPU and CPU performance optimizations
We are looking for an extraordinary performance engineer with a passion towards graphics. Are you a self-motivated individual who thrives with being involved in all phases of development? If so, we want you to help drive excellent performance of Apple’s latest GPU technologies in software and hardware. To be successful in this role, you have a passion towards games, applications, and benchmarks. Responsibilities include analyzing workloads to develop and/or improve performance tests. Development of tools is also a plus to streamline verification of measurements. You will work collaboratively with engineers from driver, framework, hardware, and architecture teams to define requirements and contribute to our benchmark suite.
Education & Experience
Technical BS/MS degree or Equivalent experience
- Experience with embedded systems a plus
- Knowledge of Metal, OpenCL, OpenGL and OpenGL ES or other graphics and compute developer APIs a plus
- Knowledge of macOS, Core Animation, UIKit, Core Graphics and iOS programming a plus
- Experience with application user interface programming, scene graphs, and graphics rendering techniques a plus
- Experience in the video games industry a plus