AppleCare Support Engineering Manager - OS Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. AppleCare is Apple’s premier Service and Support organization providing award winning technical support and product service to our global customer base. AppleCare Engineering - Software Platforms & Services Support represents Apple's Worldwide contact centers and Apple's customers to groups within Apple to improve product quality and usability. We are responsible for supporting all Apple software platforms, cloud services, and applications. We are seeking a OS Platforms Support Engineering Manager to lead a team that collaborates with Engineering, Product Marketing, Legal, Operations, and others to deliver the best possible customer experience.
- Minimum of three years in a manager role with a successful track record leading a technical team.
- Experience in Software or Services support, Engineering, QA, or Product Feedback role.
- Knowledge of contact center operations and support processes.
- Passionate about providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Strong technical background that allows a rich understanding of technical issues to help coordinate a path to appropriate solutions.
- Ability to influence management/teams to effect change and improvements in product and processes.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation skills, with experience communicating with all levels of an organization.
- Technical proficiency with iOS, macOS, Internet Services (iTunes, iCloud, Apple ID), and Apple applications.
The Support Engineering Manager leads a team of project managers responsible for driving new product readiness for all AppleCare support channels worldwide to ensure cross-functional stakeholders understand and prepare for the potential impact of a new product or software release. This team is also a key contributor in the delivery of customer feedback to partners in engineering to help develop longer-term product improvements that address field reported product usage issues. Most critically, this person is responsible for helping their team manage relationships at Apple to ensure a high degree of engagement and influence over key partners. Strong candidates for this role are natural born leaders who are driven, organized, and detail oriented and who communicate with ease and speak with authority. You have excellent leadership traits that help inspire your team. You also have knowledge of all of Apple’s software platforms including all features, applications, and technologies.
Education & Experience
Engineering degree or Bachelor's degree with equivalent work experience preferred but not required. Masters or MBA is a plus.