Apple Media Products Engineering, Full-Stack
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a professional software engineering position
- Solid understanding of software architecture fundamentals, such as dependency injection, abstractions, testing, and design
- Familiarity with native iOS or macOS development is a plus, including Objective-C or Swift
- Knowledge of Java or other strongly typed programming language is a plus
- Knowledge of relational and/or NoSQL database systems such as Oracle, Cassandra, or MongoDB is a plus
- Knowledge of micro-services architecture, including CQRS is a plus
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies, seek problems with imaginative solutions, work well in collaborative teams, and produce high quality software under tight deadline constraints
- Have a belief in automation, tooling, and testing as critical parts of the software lifecycle
- Love the idea of ownership and delivering amazing products
Apple Media Product Workflow Engineering Team is looking for a Software Engineer to provide new applications and infrastructure in order to support its fast paced growth. We build complex applications utilizing React, Redux and other backend systems to drive this growth. Our applications are responsible for the creation and delivery of content needed to support Apple Music, App, Video, Books, Podcasts and other verticals. We are at the very beginning of a multi-year program to scale our content delivery pipelines and operations. We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team dedicated to system evolution across DSCE. As with any software that has lasted more than 15 years, there are always opportunities to leverage new technology to improve performance, use fewer resources, simplify operations, and more. Our mission is to make engineers more productive while building efficiency and quality into our systems. This is a high-leverage, high-impact role that will expose you to all the systems Apple uses to process digital content for delivery to well over a billion people worldwide! We're a team of consummate tech geeks who love figuring out how things work and trying to make them better. Sometimes it's a little tweak, sometimes it's a fundamental shift - usually it's somewhere in between. We brainstorm on whiteboards, share ideas at team lunches and pot-lucks, build prototypes, present proposals to teams, embed for a while to help them get started, check the metrics, and repeat!
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent work experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.