Video Technology & Quality Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you love working with digital video? Are you passionate about technology, data and developing solutions to drive unmatched video quality? Then come join the AMP Video Operations team for a unique and exciting opportunity to support both the customer and Apple by focusing on video quality technology and media processing solutions. The Video Quality & Compliance team is responsible for ensuring the quality of video content that surfaces to customers via the Apple services ecosystem. Our content includes Apple TV+ Originals, Channels, Film, TV, Extras & AppleMusic Videos which are distributed to over 100 countries globally. Our primary focus is to make certain all of our available video content adheres to our high-quality standards and is delivered error-free from our partners and processed efficiently. The chosen candidate will get to collaborate regularly with Video Operations, Business, Engineering, Production and Project Management organizations all while contributing ideas to improve systems, automate processes or increase efficiency. ▪ The Video Operations organization’s core focus is providing the best viewing experience for customers across all video content; Film, TV, Original Content & Music Videos. Our responsibilities range from working with video distribution partners to ingest compliant assets and metadata, working with developers of streaming video applications to integrate with our platform’s various video services, and quality control of deliveries to ensure they present themselves correctly across our ecosystem and by our service level agreements. Our platforms include VOD, EST, OTT and Subscription across the iTunes and App Store with supported formats ranging from 4K/HDR to SD/SDR. In an effort to create the best experience, there is a tremendous focus on localization and accessibility to provide, what we consider, a ‘global experience’ across all our devices.
- You are well-versed in the media industry and are passionate about entertainment
- You possess a thorough working knowledge of common technical issues found in digital video and audio, as well as a strong understanding of meta-data, video encoding, video codecs, and their common failures or technical challenges
- You are able to detect and propose solutions for process inefficiencies
- You have a strong understanding of of advanced media offerings such as 4K, HDR, DolbyVision & DolbyATMOS and how the content is created and processed from production to post to distribution
- You work well under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- You have at least 7 years experience working with digital video and are up to speed with current technologies
- You have a thorough understanding of industry tools used for QC, QoE, QoS and workflow management
- You have a deep familiarity with the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware (Mac OS X, iOS, Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, iBooks, Podcasts, iTunes U, Trailers, Apple TV, etc.)
- You are skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence; translating between business owners and technical teams.
- You have above average presentation skills, ability to deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organization.
- You have a solid understanding of the video industry, media content, and video apps with a focus on video quality & metadata
- You have excellent communication skills. Including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely across multiple audiences and partners, including the ability to explain analytical outcomes and technical roadblocks in business terms.
- You have proven experience in managing successful medium to large scale projects
Develop workflows/processes for the QC & Compliance program to effectively manage quality, volume and priorities of AMP video content Work cross-functionally and build relationships with other AMP teams including Metadata, Engineering and Program Management Contribute innovative ideas regarding process, video workflow and automation to maximize efficiency and scalability Understand, promote and communicate Apple’s philosophy and values Keep inline with industry trends, technologies and third party tools to drive process improvements and system enhancements Communicate vision and goals to management and cross-functional stakeholders across AMP
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or 7 to 10 years equivalent industry experience