Software Engineer - Core Accessories Services
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group, you’ll ensure the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. The Core Accessories Services team is looking for a software engineer to work on Apple platforms; iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS. The candidate will be expected to design and implement platform level features as related to restoring/syncing Apple devices and accessories. In addition, the candidate will be expected to interact on a cross functional level with multiple teams with a critical influence on hardware and software design. This is a highly challenging role and a successful candidate should have an appreciation for the amount of effort that goes in to delivering best-in-class functionality for the hottest devices on the planet.
- Fluent in C
- Experience writing OS level code
- Passion for accessories
Develop wired and wireless accessory features, protocols, and technologies. Tool development for feature simulation, verification and system-level troubleshooting. Document code and create workable specifications including quantifiable system performance characteristics.
Education & Experience
BS CE/EE/CS (or equivalent)
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience developing daemons and frameworks
- Experience with Apple fundamentals such as GCD and XPC
- Experience engineering IoT products.
- Experience with iOS accessory frameworks such as HomeKit, CoreBluetooth.
- Solid understanding of networking protocols.
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules