Contracts Paralegal - Development
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a passion for innovation and enjoy working in the legal field? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple’s Original Content Legal group seeks an exceptional individual to support our development, rights, and licensing team, which supports Apple’s original video content efforts worldwide.
- 7+ years of experience in interpreting, drafting, negotiating, and managing entertainment agreements at major or mini-major television/film/OTT studio(s)
- Extensive experience in contract management
- Deep understanding of contract terms for distribution, rights, production, above-the-line talent agreements and below-the-line production deals
- Knowledge of new-media production across different types of programming preferred
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Established, strong relationships within the entertainment industry
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Sound judgment, strong interpersonal & organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects at a time
The Original Content Legal team is responsible for the full range of legal work for the acquisition, production, and distribution of video content. In this role, you will work with our legal, business affairs, finance, production, and creative teams to manage our contracts. The successful candidate will be a diligent and dedicated contributor who can draft, negotiate, and manage contracts in support of our transactional attorneys.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree and excellent academic credentials