Connected Media Triaging Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, AppleTV, Apple Watch, iPad, iPod, Mac as well as professional and consumer applications from Final Cut to iTunes and iWork. IMG takes the media experience to the next level on iOS, tvOS, watchOS, macOS, Windows platforms and third-party platforms. The Connected Media Automation and Systems team within IMG is responsible for triaging internal and customer issues, developing automated tools and platforms, and ensuring overall quality within the organization. Our organization is responsible for AirPlay and technologies like AirPods Handoff. We are looking for a proficient, observant, and analytical engineer screen incoming issues and implement processes/tools to support this effort. In this role, you’ll be a key contributor during all stages of software development. This is an opportunity to work in a very talented team, in a position where your work will impact millions of lives. Experience with media systems is preferred.
- Experience developing and debugging large software systems
- Screen incoming bugs (understand, reproduce and regress) for our components
- Understand software components owned by the engineering team
- Identify potential trends in incoming bugs and raise internally or to cross-functional team members
- Develop workflows to increase productivity of initial triage
- Generate reports about bug flow patterns and develop plans to improve efficiency around areas of bug activity not directly related our software components
A successful candidate for this role is a self-starter with excellent communication skills and attention to detail. The fast-paced nature of the job requires a candidate who can work well under pressure and quickly adapt new technology into effective issue diagnosis and triage. The candidate will be on the front line triaging reported issues for the team and will need to quickly and efficiently analyze and debug the problems for further disposition. You will gain encyclopedic knowledge of our area of focus and bugs in our components. We are seeking someone who is intensely curious yet focused on delivering results in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will be highly technical, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving quality results.
Education & Experience
BS/MS or equivalent