Messages Infrastructure Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is looking for an Engineering Manager for Messages to join and lead the development and growth of our Messages Infrastructure engineering team. This is the team responsible for crafting the infrastructure for the Messages application on both iOS and macOS which is responsible for connecting hundreds of millions of people around the globe.
- Significant experience designing, developing, and delivering technology to support consumer products.
- A metrics mindset with experience using that expertise to drive tangible outcomes in reliability and performance.
- Experienced leader with proven ability to grow and guide a development organization through productive critique, evangelism, guiding, training, learning, and coaching
- Experience maintaining legacy code and backwards compatibility, with a record of replacing legacy code with new things in non-disruptive ways.
- A track record of initiating and managing cross-functional and cross-organizational projects, building productive relationships with stakeholders, and influencing decision makers.
- Dedicated, motivated, self-driven problem solver with a focus on building strong cross-functional partnerships which inform a long term strategic vision for our products.
Join Apple’s Messages team as an Engineering manager who is responsible for the design and delivery of Messages Infrastructure. Our team cares deeply about building unparalleled experiences for our users who depend on Messages to connect with people around the globe. In this role you will: * Work with your team, define a long term roadmap for our products. * Grow a world class engineering team. * Work with colleagues on a shared code base, sharing and contributing in a highly collaborative environment. * Curate and actively contribute to the larger organization’s culture and processes. * Work with your peers to create an incredible experience for our teams that attracts world class talent.
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science or Equivalent