Boulder, Colorado, United States
The panel process and optics (PPO) team crafts and develops groundbreaking display technologies to support Apple’s extraordinary product line. This includes total optimization & integration of critical materials, optical designs, and process developments to deliver outstanding optical, mechanical, and reliability performance. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. As part of Apple design and development team you will be working with some of the smartest and most hardworking people in the field, and will be contributing to exciting new products that will touch lives of millions and enrich your career with invaluable experience. Our team is looking for a skilled engineer with a consistent track record of database design combined with utilizing statistical methods in process design and control for innovative optical products. More specifically, we are looking for an engineer who has experience mining the data, handling the data into “data lakes” and extracting the data into useful and accessible reports for analysis by a larger team. A successful candidate will work with a multi-functional team, locally and remotely, to design, develop, and support product and process development efforts for our next-generation products.
- Experienced in designing and managing databases with a strong understanding of SQL and other database languages
- Extensive experience in Python programming
- Experienced user in JMP, Minitab, Tableau and other statistical/graphical reporting packages
- Experience and knowledge in gauge studies, design of experiments, analyzing process capabilities and controls
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid collaboration and leadership skills
- Database administration of SQL server is a primary function of this position - Automate data acquisition from process cells and test equipment into appropriate data lakes, including leading the ongoing design and data acquisition efficiency - Set up process control monitors, measuring key characteristics, analyzing and automating reports - Monitor process takt times, set up comparison analysis of captured takt time data, report takt time changes over time - Assist in identifying and sourcing measurement methods for verifying and controlling critical process characteristics and verifying defined specifications based on prototype definition - Assist process engineering in applying statistical methods to analyze multiple process cells, pulling data from those cells and analyzing to control sources of variation - Working with the R&D team to identify appropriate application of crafted experiments and performance studies assisting them in the setup, execution and analysis - Assist team with the writing of scripts that optimize and acquire efficiencies in various test steps and assembly processes while also capturing and analyzing system faults - Develop and validate Critical-to-Quality (CTQ) metrics and quantitative analytical methods to determine incoming and outgoing quality levels for raw materials and finished goods - Correlate process level data to final component/system performances to define materials-level and in-process specifications - Work with the broader team to transfer capabilities back and forth between teams - Work with multi-functional teams (including international) to investigate and explore new test and analysis techniques
Education & Experience
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- - Previous experience working with optical systems and understanding of optical measurement and metrics
- - Experience in programming
- - Experience in other programming languages such as Labview, C, C++, etc.