AI/ML - Engineering Program Manager, Siri Automatic Speech Recognition
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) is a critical component of Siri, Dictation, and other Apple products and features. Our ASR must be accurate for these products to deliver the top-notch user experience that Apple customers expect. Regularly shipping updates to improve accuracy, in the tens of languages we support and across all of our platforms, is a huge undertaking - one that involves many teams working to create groundbreaking technology in areas such as machine learning/artificial intelligence, large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and more. The Siri Product Team at Apple is looking for a Program Manager to support our ASR efforts. The successful candidate will have exceptional program/project management skills, have the ability to work with multiple teams to help define and align product roadmaps, excel at collaboration and building relationships, and have strong technical abilities. We’re looking for someone who can help ship software and models to our customers - while at the same time wearing a product hat to make sure we’re shipping the right thing at the right time. Are you excited about shipping features and technology for one of the most important aspects of voice technology? If so come join us!
- 5+ years of large scale, cross functional program management experience
- Demonstrated project management skill at shipping high-quality software and/or models to customers
- Experience leading metrics-driven projects or programs
- Experience working with engineering teams to define multi-year roadmaps
- A servant leadership mindset that combines collaboration and humility with the grit and determination needed to align teams and ship large software projects
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Good understanding of at least one programming language or machine learning domain
- Strong attention to detail is a must
The day to day responsibilities of the ASR Program Manager include organizing the cataloging, planning and delivery of ASR models and software, both of which get shipped to backend servers as well as hundreds of millions of Apple devices. You will drive our core ASR accuracy program which is metrics-driven and iterative with short cycle times. In addition to getting models and software out the door you’ll also work with ASR teams to define their product and technology roadmaps, and then work with other teams across Apple to coordinate delivery in order to surprise and delight our customers.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent