Video QC Technical Program Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We're growing and urge you to apply. We Believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. Do you love working with digital video? Are you passionate about technology, data and developing solutions to drive unmatched video quality? Then come join the AMP Video Operations team for a unique and exciting opportunity to support both the customer and Apple by focusing on video quality technology and media processing solutions. The Video Quality & Compliance team is responsible for ensuring the quality of video content that surfaces to customers via the Apple services ecosystem. Our content includes Apple TV+ Originals, Channels, Film, TV, Extras & AppleMusic Videos which are distributed to over 100 countries globally. Our primary focus is to make certain all of our available video content adheres to our high-quality standards and is delivered error-free from our partners and processed efficiently. The chosen candidate will get to collaborate regularly with Video Operations, Business, Engineering, Production and Project Management organizations all while contributing ideas to improve systems, automate processes or increase efficiency. The Video Operations organization’s core focus is providing the best viewing experience for customers across all video content; Film, TV, Original Content & Music Videos. Our responsibilities range from working with video distribution partners to ingest compliant assets and metadata, working with developers of streaming video applications to integrate with our platform’s various video services, and quality control of deliveries to ensure they present themselves correctly across our ecosystem and by our service level agreements. Our platforms include VOD, EST, OTT and Subscription all accessible on the Apple TV app with supported formats ranging from 4K/HDR to SD/SDR. In an effort to create the best experience, there is a tremendous focus on localization and accessibility to provide, what we consider, a ‘global experience’ across all our devices.
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience in the digital media or technology industry
- You have experience working with scripting languages such as perl, bash, python, ruby etc and can write scripts to automate workflows and data validation
- You have strong SQL skills and have no problem understanding complex data models
- You have an understanding of the TV app’s services and features, knowledge of Apple TV+ preferred
- You have a high level of energy, passion, and dedication to your work
- You have a strong knowledge of digital video concepts (container formats, codecs, tools, best practices, etc)
- You are able to detect and propose solutions for process inefficiencies
- You work well under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- You possess a thorough working knowledge of common technical issues found in digital video and audio, as well as a strong understanding of meta-data
- You have excellent communication skills. Including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely across multiple audiences and partners, including the ability to explain analytical outcomes and technical roadblocks in business terms.
Driving QC efficiency for our growing catalog of original video content Designing scalable processes for operational support of an ongoing video service Building proof of concept automations and tools to support ongoing processes and ad-hoc projects Working with cross-functional teams to collaborate on scalable process solutions Maximizing the effectiveness of our QC process by improving throughput without substituting quality for quantity
Education & Experience
College education preferred, plus 5-7+ years’ experience in the digital media industry