Operations Research Analytics Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Extraordinary operational excellence is a cornerstone of Apple's ability to consistently surprise and delight our customers. In this position, you'll be part of the Supply Demand Management team, a highly influential group within Apple, challenged to scale at the pace of the company’s overall growth you’ll play a critical role in ensuring operational and financial success for the organization.
- Experience driving critical research and development and developing in-depth analytical understanding of systems.
- Hands-on experience in complex data modeling, simulation and optimization.
- Sound communication skills - adept at messaging domain and technical content, at a level appropriate for the audience.
- Experienced at understanding key performance levers and metrics to highlight operational issues and drive improvement.
- Innate curiosity and bias to action with expertise in identifying, defining and executing project plans
- Identify optimal, problem-specific modeling approaches
- Phenomenal teammate - invested in the collective success of the team and project outcomes
- Self-sufficient with an ability to thrive in an environment of autonomy amidst ambiguity
- Solid understanding of optimization tools (Gurobi, Cplex, or Xpress)
- Working knowledge of predictive modeling and ML tools (scikit, R)
- Experience with data acquisition tools (e.g. SQL, Apache Spark etc.), large datasets (Hadoop) and data mining
- Experience prototyping and developing software in programming languages (Java/ C++/Python/Perl).
- Exceptional analytical capabilities, business savvy and leadership skills.
• Solve complex business challenges through applied analytics • Craft supply chain models and methodologies to help drive strategic and tactical decisions • Collaborate closely with other Operations business partners, research colleagues and IT groups to incorporate tradeoffs within models • Take an active role in communication recommendations to senior management • Build close relationships with business partners and influence tactfully in a matrixed organization
Education & Experience
• Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or a related field and Masters or equivalent experience required