Software Engineer (DevOps)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s ETS Platform Services group is seeking an exceptional Software Engineer who will ensure the availability, performance, maintenance of a high volume, highly available, mission critical enterprise platforms/applications related to Integration Platforms(Messaging, data services, SOA), Communication Platforms (Business, Transactional Mail including phishing detection component), Business Platforms (Delivery Quote, Centralize Inventory system), Infrastructure Platform (DevOps, nGinx).
- Hands on Java development experience
- Strong Java/J2EE background with deeper knowledge on Spring frameworks such as spring-security, spring-mvc, spring-data, JPA & hibernate.
- Strong Java/J2EE background with deeper knowledge on Jersey REST framework, embedded Jetty.
- Experience with SPA (Single Page Applications) with frameworks like AngularJS, VueJS, W2UI,
- Solid knowledge in frontend frameworks like jQuery, Bootstrap.
- Strong knowledge on securing applications, thorough understanding of OWASP top 10 risks and solutions.
- Experience in developing high throughput, high performance systems and global applications.
- Experience in performance tuning of the applications including JVM tuning, memory profiling.
- Strong problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of Database concepts, PL/SQL and NoSql Technologies.
- Good fundamentals on Release Management & continuous Integration
- Experience with Splunk and BigData solution
- Team player; Able to work/coordinate with multiple teams
- 2+ years experience leading software engineer teams
- 5+ years of IT experience
- Experience with cloud technologies, docker and Kubernetes is desired.
The position requires strategic engineering skills, along with hands-on technical work. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for reviewing hardware, software infrastructure and application functionality for optimization and identifying performance bottlenecks. As an Software Engineeryou will be responsible for developing and maintaining application services and driving incident management. As a Software Engineer, you will work closely with Cross functional IT organization, Business group, Apple's production support team, application engineers, systems engineers, database administrators and QA team to effectively ensure implementation and reliability of Platforms/Applications.