Austin, Texas, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The AppleCare Digital team is looking for an outstanding data scientist who is interested in designing, developing and identifying data solutions that have direct and measurable impact to AppleCare’s support operations. AppleCare has a tremendous amount of data, and we have just begun exploration of the data in the areas of pattern detection, anomaly detection, predictive modeling, and optimization. The person in this position will work with various digital product business managers to help identify viable data mining opportunities and then implement solutions. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary.
- Industry experience in a Data Science role, specifically in the areas of Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Statistics or related field
- Strong understanding of data science algorithms including decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, and neural networks.
- Familiarity with database modeling and data warehousing principles with a confirmed understanding of SQL.
- Creativity to go beyond current tools to deliver best solution to the problem
- Experience utilizing quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques (e.g. clustering, regression, descriptive and inferential statistics)
- Hands-on experience in algorithms like Linear/Logistic, SVM, Random Forest, K-means clustering, K-Nearest neighbour (KNN), PCA, Naive Bayes, apriori etc.
- Strong programming skills in Python or R Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with product owners and translate business goals into algorithms
- Ability and comfort working independently and making key decisions on projects
Perform data mining to support new features in Digital tools. Analyze large datasets to glean meaningful insights. Design classifiers and ranking algorithms. Perform ad-hoc statistical analysis. Present results of analysis to team and leadership across Apple. Build metrics to measure the success of the service.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research or related field or M.S. in related field with 5+ years experience applying data science techniques to real business problems.