Reliability Engineer - Soft Goods
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you a technologist looking for a career choice that provides ever evolving challenges? This position is offered in Apple’s iOS Hardware Module Reliability Group. We guide development teams toward generating reliable designs for Apple's new technology components. We achieve this objective by identifying high risk failure modes early in the design life cycle and by using our engineering knowledge to help find the best path towards mitigation. Here are some examples of the technologies that we've supported (to name a few): TouchID, iPhone Dual Rear Camera, iPhone Proximity Sensor, AppleWatch Taptic Engine and AppleWatch ForceTouch. Overall, we feel that we offer an exciting chance to build your skills as you learn about a wide variety of technologies. What will you do in this role? As a Module Reliability Engineer, you will invent test specs and drive procurement / qualification of equipment that is critical to the validation of Design Reliability. You will assess Reliability by executing stress testing and analyzing the resulting data. Finally, you will provide direction for failure analysis in order to develop an understanding of the root cause of a particular failure as well as collaborate with the design team to determine corrective action. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you and explore how we could make you a part of our diverse team.
- Possess extraordinary problem solving abilities
- Understand the physics behind the mechanical & electrical properties of materials
- Have experience with the design and manufacture of assemblies that convert digital signals into physical signals (voltage, light, vibration) and vice versa
- Have exposure to failure analysis techniques as well as Materials characterization tools (e.g. scanning electron microscopy, CT scanning, FTIR,...)
- Are adept in statistical data analysis and are capable of clear reporting
- Ability to travel internationally without restrictions - Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail - Ability to handle multiple projects at once including running activities remotely at third party vendor sites overseas - Ability to complete tests and resolve problems in an unattended manner - Flexibility to accept new tasks and go beyond one's comfort zone to pursue the solution to new and unexpected problems - Dynamic person with a can do attitude and a dream to work with a great team and product
Education & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in an engineering role which involved hands on work - A graduate degree in Materials Science, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent field is desired.