Software Engineering Manager - SPG, Visualization Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
As a leader in the Special Projects Group, you will be leading a team creating innovative applications and tools for autonomous technology. We are building the applications and visualizations that will power exciting new functionality in upcoming products for internal developer workflows, and for autonomous systems management. You will work in a startup-like environment where products are still being defined and developed, giving you the chance to influence some of the core applications and tools used by the project. You will be part of every stage of development from concept to deployment. If you're passionate about the user experience, want to be part of a group that works on very early stage products, have the opportunity to shape them, and relish the opportunity to deliver the next amazing Apple product, we may be the team for you!
- Multiple years of experience leading technical teams, and helping team members grow in their careers
- Excellent cross-functional communication and influence skills
- Strong roadmap planning and execution skills
- Knowledge & experience with Swift/Objective-C, C/C++ is a plus. Familiarity with common iOS and macOS frameworks.
- Experience collaborating with UI/UX designers and passionate about crafting software to deliver elegant user experiences
- Strong understanding of software architecture, algorithms, data structures, object-oriented programming and design with keen eye to best practices and design patterns
- Meaningful software engineering skills to guide technical decisions
- Track record of delivering commitments on schedule
- Proactive and analytical approach
- Experience with embedded systems is a plus
* Lead software development teams to deliver a wide variety of tools at the protocol level up through application and visualization interfaces. * Proactively engage cross functional teams to determine feature roadmap and drive project deliveries to meet demands of the many ecosystem programs. * Lead discussions on requirements, architecture, design, implementation, and validation. * Provide technical leadership and mentorship to engineers and team leads. Coach and mentor team members for career development. * Communicate project goals, top issues, risks, critical landmarks to cross functional partners and senior leadership throughout project development. * Be a part of continuously improving and growing the long-term capabilities of the team.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in CS/CE/EE or equivalent experience