UI Localization QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry- leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! The Server UI Localization team is a passionate group dedicated to delivering world-class Apple Media Products, Apple Cloud Services and Identity Management Services to international users in up to 40 languages simultaneously. We are looking for a highly motivated QA engineer with strong software development and testing experience to join our team and collaborate cross-functionally with translators, project managers, QA testers, SW engineers, designers and other distributed groups. The right mix of linguistic, technical, and interpersonal skills is the key to success.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology and processes
- Extensive programming skills in Python or equivalent, as well as a C-based language (bonus points for Swift)
- Experience with crafting tests with complex systems and quickly evolving tests environments
- Fluency in another language besides English required, experience with various cultures
- Persistent and inquisitive problem solver, committed to driving quality forward for our international customers
- You are resourceful, able to handle complex situations and deadlines, have very good analytical and reporting skills
- ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with QA automation tools, processes, and bugs tracking in a multi-languages environment
- Excellent cross-functional communication and influencing skills
- Comfortable working in a continually changing and dynamic environment
- Technically agile, ready to deep dive into technical areas when needed but also address a non-technical audience
- Autonomy, creativity and accountability
- Competence working with Apple’s platforms (iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS), familiarity with Apple features, services and terminology
You will be responsible for building and maintaining our automation infrastructure, keeping up to date with the various tools available across the company, learning from other teams with similar needs and history. You will be responsible for turning QA plans into automated scripts, investigating test failures and tracking fixes, providing periodic assessments on ship readiness. This role requires using our translated UI hands-on (software and web-based), transforming QA plans into automated scripts to support and scale localization QA efforts. You will be involved in maintaining localized content in various CMS. The environment is fast paced with tight qualification schedules, providing a self-motivated individual with an opportunity to work on and run interesting projects, help improve existing processes and tools, and deliver outstanding services to our worldwide markets.
Education & Experience
MS CS/CE or equivalent experience in an international QA team.