Apple Media Products Engineering - Full-Stack, Apple Music
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
- 5+ years experience in scalable, high-traffic server-side development using Java.
- Comfortable with both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- In-depth knowledge of REST API design
- Deep understanding of development methodologies using Git and similar tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Be able to drive a project from a simple idea to an implementation.
- Have a product-focused mindset, with the maturity to bridge between business requirements and customer needs.
- Be a leader who possesses both strong programming skills and a creative, user-focused attitude.
- Love the idea of ownership and delivering amazing products
Apple Music has defined the best in class experience for streaming music. Just as important are the tools that allow artists and labels to manage their presence on Apple Music. Join the engineers who build high-performance systems backed by persistent system-wide testing. Develop new features to support our media and artist partners in providing the content that powers Apple Music. The Apple Media Products Engineering team is looking for hardworking back end and full-stack software engineers. We build applications that work at scale to support our partners and enable workflows for Apple Music. We’re a small team making a huge impact in the lives of our users. We’re looking for a forward-thinking self-starter to join the team. In this role, you will analyze, design, code, inspect, debug, and test Apple Music-related software solutions. Maintain and enhance existing applications in response to new feature requests. Collaborate closely with other teams throughout the release cycle. Strong communication skills, particularly written communication. We're a team of consummate tech geeks who love figuring out how things work and trying to make them better. Sometimes it's a little tweak, sometimes it's a fundamental shift - usually it's somewhere in between. We brainstorm on whiteboards, share ideas at team lunches and pot-lucks, build prototypes, present proposals to teams, embed for a while to help them get started, check the metrics, and repeat!
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent work experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.