Display Technology Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for an energetic, creative and self driven engineer working on future Display hardware/software technologies. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet. To be successful, you should be able to thrive in a dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- Open minded and enthusiastic about new technologies and prototyping
- Good communication and leadership skills to work with internal and Vendor teams
- HAVE EXPERIENCES IN ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Analog design (IC and/or PCB)
- Digital signal processing, image processing, computer graphics
- Display/imaging pipeline
- Computer architecture, system architecting
- Define EE architecture for new display technologies to with understanding of system requirement, panel behavior, human perception. - Define detailed specs including the display panel, driving ASICs, software/firmware algorithms and test/calibration procedure. - Demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think out-of-box, and come up to speed quickly in new technical areas. - Analyze the trade-offs between performance, manufacturability and cost. - Promote innovation and new technology to enhance Apple's display performance and user experience - Pathfinding for new product opportunities.
Education & Experience
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, or MSEE degree plus minimum 5 years work experience.
- EXPERIENCES IN FOLLOWING AREA IS A PLUS
- Machine learning and neural network
- FPGA and software/algorithm
- Strong theoretic analysis capability and characterization/modeling experience.
- Strong hands-on experimental ability w/ prototyping experience.