Apple Media Products Engineering - Services Engineer
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
- 5+ years experience in Java
- Deep understanding of both SQL and NoSQL datastores
- Have experience with Solr or Elastic Search
- Skilled at building and maintaining beautiful, thoughtful REST APIs.
- Deep understanding of development methodologies using Git and similar tools.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Have a belief in automation and tooling as a critical part of the software lifecycle.
- Possess strong and clear communication abilities.
- Be a leader who possesses both strong programming skills and a creative, user-focused attitude.
Apple Music has defined the best in class experience for streaming music. Just as important are the tools that allow artists and labels to manage their presence on Apple Music. Join the engineers who build high-performance systems backed by persistent system-wide testing. Develop new features to support our media and artist partners in providing the content that powers Apple Music. The Apple Media Products Engineering team is looking for hardworking back end software engineers. We build applications that work at scale to support our partners and enable workflows for Apple Music. We are looking for talented developers to build fast, modern web services with cutting-edge frameworks. Analyze, design, code, inspect, debug, and test Apple Music-related software solutions with emphasis on back end development. Maintain and enhance existing applications in response to new feature requests. Collaborate closely with other teams throughout the release cycle. Strong communication skills, particularly written communication. We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team dedicated to system evolution across DSCE. As with any software that has lasted more than 15 years, there are always opportunities to leverage new technology to improve performance, use fewer resources, simplify operations, and more. This is a high-leverage, high-impact role that will expose you to all the systems Apple uses to process digital content for delivery to well over a billion people worldwide!
Education & Experience
BSCS or equivalent work experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.